In this article, you will learn about:
Yoga is a practice that can be used as a workout, a relaxation method, or a therapy. It is a method that focuses on breathing, stretching, and meditating. For yoga lovers, you might be interested in spreading the love by progressing onto the role of a yoga instructor.
As a yoga teacher, you will be responsible for:
- leading the class through various sessions of yoga practices
- encouraging the class
- assessing each student’s personal goals, strengths, and capabilities for growth
- preparing lesson plans, equipment, and a tidy environment for lessons
Before you can share your philosophies and techniques with others, you will need to prepare a professional yoga teacher resume to show your strong knowledge of yoga. Breathe in, breathe out, and relax as this guide contains some of the most valuable tips on how to create a well-balanced yoga teacher resume.
What is the best resume format for a yoga teacher?
3 resume formats suitable for a yoga teacher
Your yoga teacher resume format is similar to a yoga class overview; you will need to have a well-thought-out structure for others to be interested. Begin by discovering more about the three different resume formats for your yoga instructor resume:
- Chronological format:
- Pros: common format for most people
- Cons: not the best fit for career gaps or limited experience
- Functional format:
- Pros: beneficial for career gaps
- Cons: could make the recruiter suspicious
- Combinational format:
- Pros: beneficial for people with experience and a wide range of skills
- Cons: could seem repetitive
Which format should a yoga trainer resume be sent in?
Think about what type of file format you will be sending in your yoga teacher resume.
There are two formats you can consider.
- Yoga teacher resume as a PDF format (recommended):
- Pros: easy to open, ensures the contents stays the same, and hassle-free yoga teacher resume download
- Cons: not supported by some ATS
- Yoga teacher resume as Word format:
- Pros: simple as it is used by almost everyone
- Cons: file may open up messy
How to prepare a yoga teacher resume with no experience?
✅ Advice 1:
Apply the skills-based (functional) format. As a first-timer, you might have little to no experience, which makes the skills-based format the best fit.
✅ Advice 2:
Utilize a career objective statement. Describing what your career goals are can help the employer to decide if you have a suitable mindset for the organization.
✅ Advice 3:
Emphasize your educational background. A strong passion for yoga isn't enough to win over the role of a yoga instructor. Show that you have the credentials with your yoga training listed.
What to include in a yoga teacher resume?
1. Resume Profile (Personal Information)
Begin your yoga trainer resume with the essential contact information:
- full name
- professional title
- phone number
2. Yoga Teacher Resume Headline
The headline of your yoga teacher resume is the first step towards understanding who you are. This will be a brief title that presents to the employers your knowledge, experience, or what your background contains.
Yoga Teacher Resume Headline Example:
ISSA-Certified Yoga Teacher with 8+ Years of Training Experience
3. Yoga Teacher Resume Summary
The summary of your yoga teacher resume should give the employer motivation to find out more about you. This should be a two-to three-line description as to what capabilities you can bring to the floor as well as what your yoga teacher resume will cover.
Yoga Teacher Resume Summary Example:
Devoted yoga teacher with 5+ years of experience in motivating and educating students of various ages. Highly trained in a diverse collection of yoga practices, such as Vinyasa, Bikram, and Hatha.
4. Yoga Teacher Resume Objective
The objective of your yoga teacher resume is just like the summary, with the additional detail of what you plan to accomplish as a yoga instructor. This is a better way to showcase what your yoga teacher resume contains (rather than using a summary) if this is your first time applying for a yoga instructor role.
Yoga Teacher Resume Objective Example:
Eager yoga teacher with strong knowledge in developing techniques for beginners to learn. Seeking to become a yoga instructor at Calme Studio to educate more curious yoga learners.
5. Yoga Teacher Resume Skills
The yoga teacher skills in your resume define what you are proficient in that can benefit the role or the organization.
Yoga Teacher Resume Skills Examples:
- Stretching Techniques
6. Yoga Teacher Resume Work Experience
The work experience you include for your yoga teacher resume can even be unrelated to yoga, as long as the skills and knowledge gained are relevant to the yoga instructor position.
Yoga Teacher Resume Work Experience Example:
Fit 11 in Ohio
Jan 2014 – Dec 2016
- Assisted students with posture and breathing improvements to ensure maximum benefit and safety.
7. Yoga Teacher Resume Education
The education section for your yoga instructor resume should include at least your school name, degree type, major, and duration of education.
Yoga Teacher Resume Education Example:
B.A. in Yoga Studies
2014 - 2016
- Completion of 1,000 Hour Yoga Training Certificate Instructor
8. Additional Information
Show that you are ready to initiate yoga sessions by listing any related certificates and completed training within your yoga teacher resume.
Additional Information for Your Yoga Teacher Resume Examples:
- 200 Hour RYT
- First Aid
5 tips on how to write a strong yoga teacher resume
✏️ 1. Shape your yoga instructor resume to the job description.
Similar to how each student will have different yoga postures they will want to focus on, every yoga teacher role will have different expectations. Make sure to make the necessary adjustments based on the yoga instructor job description for your resume building.
✏️ 2. Make your yoga teacher resume concise.
Just like how yoga is an exercise focused on the simplicity of breathing and posture, your yoga teacher resume should reflect the same style. Don't include irrelevant and unnecessary details.
✏️ 3. Refer to an online yoga teacher resume examples.
A yoga instructor resume example can be beneficial as to what the employer will be expecting to see, especially if you are creating your very first yoga teacher resume.
✏️ 4. Keep the formatting of your yoga teacher resume consistent.
Since yoga practice is a well-balanced type of exercise, so should your overall yoga teacher resume structure. Make sure to have a consistent font, layout, and spacing to support the well-balanced.
✏️ 5. Share your strong yoga passion through social media.
If you have any social media links showing your strong understanding of yoga practices, include them within your yoga teacher resume. This is a simple way to show your abilities to employers, studios, and even students.
What yoga teacher resume template is the most successful one?
🖋 Should I use a resume template?
Yes, because it can help you find a suitable structure. Also, it quickly lets you know what details to include
No, because it might be too similar to other resumes and lack uniqueness. It also isn’t capable of showing your accomplishments effectively
🖋 What is the best yoga instructor resume template?
If you are new: a clean background design with a skills-based focus.
If you are experienced:a personalized design with an experience-based focus.
🖋 Where can I create a free yoga teacher resume template?
- CakeResume: easy to use platform with the freedom to create unique designs.
- Microsoft Word or Google Docs: plenty of pre-made templates and designs.
Ready to build your yoga teacher resume? Use our resume builder to quickly and easily build a stunning yoga resume now for free!
Yoga teacher resume sample
RYT-Certified Yoga Teacher with 3+ Years of Assorted Types of Yoga Practices
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Registered yoga teacher with years of experience in developing students to find the motivation for yoga practice. Knowledgeable in the different collections of yoga styles, breathing exercises, and safe stretching techniques for beginners and advanced learners.
Saint Paul Yoga Center
May 2020 - Present
- Initiate the beginner's, experienced, and advanced class with a positive introduction to ensure students are all motivated.
- Guide students as a class, as well as individually, to perfect postures, breathing techniques, and stretches to ensure a comfortable atmosphere.
- Manage and lead the beginner's, experienced, and advanced classes 3x a week each for 60-min.
Yoga Teaching Assistant
Saint Paul Yoga Center
Jan 2018 - Mar 2019
- Maintained and ensured that the studio was spotlessly clean, stocked with equipment, and fully prepared before the beginning of each class.
- Resolved 36+ student questions per day about class sessions, posture corrections, and breathing techniques.
- Monitored each class session of up to 20 students to ensure the practice of safe yoga.
- Yoga Breathing Exercises
- Lesson Planning
- Stretching Techniques
- Yoga Safety
- Mental Flexibility
- 200 Hour RYT
- First Aid
Yoga Teacher Training
Saint Paul College
2017 - 2018
- Completion of 32 Program Credits
--- Originally written by Jessica Sun ---